- Large glass container with lid
- Horticultural charcoal
- Orchid bark
- Potting soil
- Plants and moss
- Rocks, pinecones, seedpods, driftwood, butterflies for embellishing
- Long tweezers
- Wine cork
- Spray bottle filled with water
- Battery-powered LED string lights
- Metal/glass epoxy
- Transparent tape
- Sheets of bark cut into 1-by-3/4-inch "shingles"
- Hot-glue gun and hot-glue sticks
Add a layer of gravel to bottom of large glass container.
Mix together 1 part horticultural charcoal with 3 parts orchid bark; layer about 1 inch of mixture on top of gravel. Add a thin layer of soil on top of the mixture.
Create the "landscape" with clumps of moss, miniature orchids, ferns, etc. Embellish with rocks, pinecones, seedpods, driftwood, butterflies, etc. Use long tweezers to arrange items, and a skewer with a cork stuck to the end to gently tamp soil and plants in place.
Generously spray terrarium contents with water.
Attach battery pack for floral lights to underside of lid with metal/glass epoxy. Arrange string of floral lights in a spiral pattern within underside of lid, attaching with transparent tape.
Use hot glue to attach bark "shingles" onto top of lid. Sprinkle contents of terrarium with glitter. Place lid on terrarium.