It's simple to create ancient skin by using ingredients from your kitchen.
A day ahead, dip paper towels in cold coffee; without wringing, let air-dry. When ready to apply makeup, mix paste: two tablespoons flour and one tablespoon plus one teaspoon corn syrup; tint with brown cream makeup. You may need to mix more as you work.
Tools and Materials
Brown and black cream makeup
Wooden spatula or tongue depressor
How to Apply Mummy Makeup
1. Use wooden spatula to spread paste thickly on small area of face.
2. Tear a piece of paper towel and press over paste, tapping and wrinkling the paper. Cover entire face, including ears and eyebrows, overlapping as necessary. Paint brown and black cream makeup around eyes, and on lips and all exposed areas.
3. Dab makeup on bandages as well, accenting wrinkles and shading hollows of eyes and cheeks; blend.
4. Set with powder.
5. Wrap head and neck with cheesecloth strips.
6. Glue loose ends to face with spirit gum.
7. Using a paintbrush, pat bandages with brown cream makeup for an aged look.
8. Apply earth-toned powder to lend a dusty appearance.
Optional: Mix red, blue, and green food colors, then swish in your mouth. The ghastly color will last a few hours. Take care with clothes; it will stain.