Martha Merit Badges
Encourage kids to master essential skills with adorable Martha merit badges in cooking, sewing, gardening, petkeeping, and more.
- Steam-A-Seam 2 double-sided iron-on adhesive
- Natural or white canvas (at least 1/4 yard)
- Rotary cutter
- Ink-jet printer
- Badge templates one and two
- Wool felt in desired color for badge backings
- Pinking shears
- Permanent glue for adding embellishments
- Needle and thread or fabric glue
To make printable canvas, iron a sheet of paper-backed Steam-A-Seam onto canvas. Trim fused canvas/Steam-A-Seam to letter size (8 1/2 by 11). Repeat to make two printable canvas sheets.
Cut out badges along outer edge of outer solid line. Peel paper backing from badges and iron badges onto felt.
Trim felt around badges with pinking shears.
Embellish badges with beads, rhinestones, glitter, paint, bits of felt, etc. as desired.
Hand-stitch or use fabric glue to attach badges to apron.