New carpeting is like a makeover for your home, literally transforming its look and feel.
Martha recently installed a new sisal carpet in her East Hampton home, with Arash Yaraghi, owner of Safavieh rug makers, leading the process.
Arash shares three basic considerations for choosing rugs and carpets:
1. Pick out a color that relates to and complements the palette in the room.
2. Choose a rug style that works with the room's decor, whether it's traditional, contemporary, or modern.
3. User lighter colors in low-traffic areas and sturdier weaves with darker colors for high-traffic areas, such as entryways.
Martha Stewart Rugs
On the show, Martha and Arash displayed six Martha Stewart Collection rugs, all manufactured by Safavieh.
Rugs seen on the show:
- Parasols in Herbal Garden (Hand Tufted Collection, made in India)
- Sakura Fawn in Blossom (Nepalese Collection, made in Nepal)
- Block Quilt in Cream (Natural Cotton Collection, made in China)
- Amazonia in Feldspar (Tibetan Collection, made in Tibet)
- Meadow in Sky Blue (Wool Petit Point Collection, made in China)
- Foliage in Orchard (Oushak Collection, made in India)
For more information about the Martha Stewart Collection, visit marthastewart.com/shop.