With parrots and ferrets filling the aisles and the always colorful Marc Morrone behind the counter, the pet store Parrots of the World was practically a TV show waiting to happen.
So it's fitting that Marc chose the Long Island shop as the home for his new show, "Petkeeping with Marc Morrone." Marc will share his passion for pets and pet care on the show, which begins in January on Hallmark Channel. Watch the video for a behind-the-scenes clip from the show.
To celebrate his upcoming series, Marc brought along his famous menagerie of pets to "The Martha Stewart Show":
- Harry, macaw, 30 years old
- Coral Anne, cockatoo, 30 years old (dual custody with Martha)
- Darwin, African gray parrot, 20 years old
- Harvey, giant rabbit, 10 years old
- Prunella, agouti, 12 years old
He also brought some new pets that he's very excited to introduce:
- Ping and Pong, kittens
- Cricket, puppy
- Todd, ferret
- A special surprise guest!