When editorial director of decorating Kevin Sharkey moved into his new home, the thing he wanted most was a great closet.
The apartment's original closets were two nondescript rooms side-by-side, each with a huge glass door; Kevin quickly set about turning them into one truly functional storage space.
Make your closet more manageable with these handy items Kevin discovered during his renovation:
- Hangers designed for all types of clothing, The Great American Hanger Company
- Commercial garment rack for hanging clothes, The Container Store
- Men's shoe tree and boot tree to keep footwear looking its best, Woodlore
- Unisex boot shaper to keep boots in tip-top shape, The Container Store
- Rationell Variera nonskid drawer liner to prevent slippage, Ikea stores
- Acid-free tissue paper to line drawers and place between sweaters, Talas
- Square mirror tiles to refract light and make your closet look brighter, Home Depot stores
- Acrylic drawer liners to organize smaller belongings, California Closets