1. Start with the garland.
2. Use green floral wire (which disappears in the tree because of the color) or any color ribbon as ornament hangers.
3. Thread a 5-inch piece of wire through the ornament loop; twist the wire around itself several times to secure. To hang, wrap the other end of the wire around the branch until the ornament is secure.
4. Put larger balls closer to the center of the tree, and put smaller balls on the tips of the branches.
5. Hang ornaments near lights so that the light is reflected in the balls.
6. Bend the tips of the branches up, to ensure the ornaments stay on the tree.
7. Use wire or ribbon to hang ornaments instead of manufacturer-provided hooks to prevent ornaments from slipping off of branches, causing breakage.