This cute card from artist Rosa Clifford is a perfect way to tell your valentine, "You're my cup of tea."
Tools and Materials
Card stock in a variety of Valentine's Day colors
Craft knife and ruler, or paper trimmer
Deep decorative edger punch
Glue stick and/or adhesive tape roller
Decorative Valentine's Day paper
Teacup and handle template
Large adhesive foam dots
Packaged tea bag
Craft punches (recommended: Heart and Circle punches)
1/16-inch hole punch
Bead or charm (heart, key, lock, etc.)
5-by-7-inch folded card
"Cup of Tea" Valentine How-To
1. Cut a 6 1/4-by-4 1/2-inch rectangle of card stock in one color and a 6 1/4-by-1 1/2-inch strip of card stock in a contrasting color.
2. Punch strip of card stock with an edge punch. Align strip with bottom of card stock rectangle and glue in place.
3. Print template for teacup and handle. Trace and cut teacup and handle shapes from decorative paper.
4. Use large adhesive foam dots to adhere teacup and handle to center of card stock rectangle.
5. Insert a packaged tea bag into teacup. Snap a plastic spoon in half, and insert plastic handle into teacup as well.
6. Punch a heart from glittered paper with a heart craft punch, and adhere to end of spoon with double-sided tape.
7. Cut a 1-by-1-inch square "tea bag tag" from card stock; punch a 1/16-inch hole in top. Thread embroidery floss through hole and decorate tag with more punched shapes and beads or charms. Adhere tag to front of teacup and tuck ends of embroidery floss into teacup.
8. Adhere card stock rectangle with all elements to the front of a 5-by-7-inch card with double-sided tape.
Lattice Heart and Flower Bed deep edger punches, Heart and Circle craft punches, Adhesive Tape Roller, Valentine's Paper Pad, and all other tools available from Martha Stewart Crafts. All other materials available at Michaels.