Wooden Tile Headboard and Floating Bed Platform
Designer Todd Oldham shared this craft for a modern, one-of-a-kind queen-size bed.
Resources: This project is from Todd Oldham's book "Handmade Modern: Mid-Century Inspired Projects for Your Home." Martha and Todd used SamaN water-based stain (color No. 205, Colonial).
- 3/8-inch AC Plywood: Two 29-by-81-inch pieces
- Sixteen 16-by-16-inch pieces
- Two 16-by-20-inch pieces (vertical grain)
- Two 16-by-20-inch pieces (horizontal grain)
- 1-by-4-inch Pine: Two 77 5/8-inch pieces
- Two 77 5/8-inch pieces
- One 52 3/4-inch piece
- Two 51 1/4-inch pieces
- Two 24-inch pieces
- 2-by-4: One 51-inch piece
- For platform: 3/4-inch AC Plywood: Two 31-by-82-inch pieces
- Two 62-by-41-inch pieces
- 2-inch-wide Lattice: Two 82-inch pieces
- One 62 1/2-inch piece
- Floating bed platform template
- Wooden tile headboard template
Download the instructions for the wooden tile headboard.
Download the instructions for the floating bed platform.