Quick Chocolate Frosting
Each cake is topped with a creamy layer of chocolate frosting, a smattering of crushed cookies and candy rocks, and a fresh sprig of mint.
- Yield: Makes about 3 cups
Photography: Anna Williams
Source: Annual Recipes 2005
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Sift sugar and cocoa together in a medium bowl. Whisk in butter, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Use immediately.