Lemony Tortellini with Peas and Prosciutto
Give tortellini a boost: Instead of tomato sauce, add prosciutto, peas, and lemon zest for a surefire hit.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
- Yield: Serves 4
Source: Everyday Food, March 2009
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest, plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook tortellini until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Add peas to pot; drain pasta mixture, and set aside.
In the same pot, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat; add prosciutto and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Add pasta mixture, pasta water, 1 tablespoon oil, and lemon zest and juice; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.