Photography: Minh + Wass
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2001
For the Vegetables
- 1 pound white cabbage with green leaves (1/2 small head)
- 3/4 pound red cabbage (1/2 small head)
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch lengths
For the Dressing
- 2 cups good-quality mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarse mustard
- 2 tablespoons good-quality champagne vinegar or white-wine vinegar
For the Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Fit a food processor with largest slicing blade. Cut the cabbages into wedges to fit sideways into processor feed tube. Pulse to slice. Transfer cabbage to a large bowl. Change blade to largest grating blade. Fit carrots in feed tube so the long side is laying flat against blade; pulse to shred. Transfer carrots to bowl with cabbage.
In a medium bowl, whisk to combine mayonnaise, mustards, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Pour enough dressing over vegetables to moisten; stir to combine. Serve cold or at room temperature.