Thyme, Shallot, and Lemon Marinade
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 16 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Whisk together juice, wine, and oil in a shallow nonreactive dish. Arrange meat over fish in a single layer in dish; turn to coat. Evenly scatter thyme, shallots, and lemon slices over fish. Cover; refrigerate, turning meat occasionally.
Remove meat or fish from refrigerator, and let it come to a cool room temperature before cooking. Season with salt and pepper. Cook as desired.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, July 2003