Citrus Marinated Pork Chops
Serve these pork chops with our Sauteed Green Apples and Leeks.
- Yield: Serves 4
- Juice of 2 limes
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme, or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 center-cut pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
In a large, nonreactive bowl, combine all ingredients except the 1 teaspoon olive oil, pork chops, and butter; mix well. Add chops, and spoon marinade over them to coat. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes. Remove chops from marinade, reserving marinade. Brush pan with the teaspoon of oil; cook chops for 5 minutes on each side. Add marinade, lower heat, and cook, covered, for 7 minutes, turning chops once.
Remove chops from pan, and set aside. Turn up heat to medium high; reduce liquid until thick. Remove from heat, stir in butter, and strain. Pour sauce over chops; serve immediately.