There are two rice vinegars called for in this recipe: seasoned rice vinegar is sweet; natural rice vinegar is sour. Serve this with Barbecued Oysters.
- Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, October 1997
- 1/2 cup natural rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed and strained lime juice
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before using. Serve over Barbecued Oysters.