Cinnamon and Sugar Graham Crackers
Graham crackers are surprisingly easy to make. Use this recipe to make our Marshmallow Cookie Sandwiches.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 18; enough for 9 cookie sandwiches
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2010
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for surface
- 3/4 cup graham or whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Coarse salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Beat butter and sugar with a mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Mix in egg. Add flour mixture, and mix to combine.
Divide dough in half. Roll out each dough half to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
Cut out eighteen 2 1/2-inch-square crackers, using a fluted cookie cutter or a knife. Transfer to baking sheets, spacing 1/2 inch apart.
Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Transfer sheets to wire racks, and let cool.