Couscous Salad with Broccoli and Raisins
Chickpeas and feta take care of the protein requirement, olive oil brings good fats, and whole-wheat couscous and broccoli make up the healthy carbohydrates. Night before: Combine all the ingredients and refrigerate this salad in an airtight container.
- Yield: Serves 1
Source: Body+Soul, 2008
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 1 cup small broccoli florets (2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (1 ounce)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
In a saucepan, bring 2/3 cup lightly salted water to a boil. Add couscous, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand until tender, 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and transfer to a bowl.
Toss broccoli, chickpeas, raisins, feta, oil, and vinegar with warm couscous. Season with salt and pepper.