Grilled Asparagus Vinaigrette
This delicious recipe for Grilled Asparagus Vinaigrette is the perfect addition to any healthy meal.
- Yield: Serves 4
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, April 2007
- 1 pound jumbo asparagus, tough ends discarded
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- Pinch of sugar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat a grill pan over high heat. Peel lower two thirds of each asparagus stalk with a vegetable peeler.
In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, olive oil, lemon zest, sugar, salt and pepper. Place asparagus in a shallow dish and pour over vinaigrette; toss to coat.
Place asparagus on grill pan, reserving any juices that have accumulated in the dish. Cook until tender and grill marks appear, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer asparagus to a serving platter; drizzle with reserved juices.