Serve this tasty snack at your game-day party or next casual gathering for a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
- Servings: 10
- Yield: Serves 8 to 10
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, February 2010
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 (16-ounce) bags tortilla chips
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Black Bean and Cherry Tomato Salsa, for serving
- Charred Tomatillo Salsa, for serving
- Nacho Cheese Sauce, for serving
- Guacamole, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- Sliced jalapenos, for serving
- Julienned radishes, for serving
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for serving
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Season chicken with salt and pepper and wrap in parchment paper-lined foil; place on a rimmed baking sheet. Transfer to oven and bake until chicken is cooked through, about 1 hour.
Unwrap chicken; remove skin and discard. Remove chicken from bones and cut into small pieces; discard bones and set chicken aside.
Decrease oven temperature to 350 degrees. Layer one third of the chips on a large ovenproof platter or in a baking dish. Top with 1 cup cheddar and 1 cups of Monterey Jack. Repeat process twice with remaining chips and cheese. Transfer to oven and bake until cheese is melted, 5 to 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and top with reserved chicken, both salsas, cheese sauce, guacamole, sour cream, jalapenos, radishes, and cilantro; serve immediately.