Pan Sauteed Trout
This crisp, flaky fish is nicely complemented by a bulghur salad.
- Yield: Serves 2
- 2 trout, boned but left whole, fins removed
- 4 stems fresh sage
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cake flour, for dusting
- 3 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Stuff each trout with 2 stems of sage. Season with salt and pepper. Dredge in cake flour, tapping off excess.
In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add trout, and cook until golden and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Serve with lemon wedges and bulghur salad.