Prosciutto and Pesto Panini
This prosciutto and pesto panini is an easy recipe to make for lunch or a light dinner.
- Servings: 4
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, Episode 2137
- One 10-ounce loaf ciabatta, halved horizontally and soft interior removed
- 1/3 cup Pesto for Prosciutto Panini
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 pound Prosciutto de Parma, thinly sliced
- Tapenade for Prosciutto and Pesto Panini, optional
- 1/4 pound fontina cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup baby arugula or basil, optional
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat or a panini press.
Spread one cut side of ciabatta with the pesto and the other with olive oil. Layer one side of ciabatta with prosciutto, tapenade, if desired, red pepper, and arugula or basil, if desired; top with cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Top with remaining bread.
Brush top and bottom of the sandwich with olive oil. Place on grill pan and weight top of sandwich with a heavy skillet or a foil-wrapped brick. If using a panini press, grill according to manufacturer's instructions. Grill 3 to 4 minutes on first side, turn, weight down, and continue cooking until sandwich is golden and cheese is melted, 3 to 4 minutes.
Cut sandwich into quarters. Serve immediately.