Caramelized Peach and Brie Quesadilla with Red Chile Honey
This recipe comes from chef Chris Santos from the Stanton Social in New York City.
- 12 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 peach, sliced and sauteed quickly with chopped thyme
- 1/4 pound Brie, cut into very thin slices
- 1/4 of one red onion, sauteed slowly in butter (until caramelized)
- For the Chile Honey
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chile powder
Combine all ingredients for chile honey in mixing bowl. Stir and set aside.
Place two tortillas on a flat surface. Evenly distribute about 1/4 of the peaches, onions, and Brie on each of the layers. Season well with salt and pepper.
Stack the tortillas on top of each other. Add a plain tortilla on top to complete the three layers. Press down firmly. Repeat procedure using remaining ingredients.
To cook, place on hot barbecue grill or in saute pan with very little oil. Grill until golden on one side. Flip and grill until golden on the other side.
Cut each stack into eight triangular slices. Drizzle with chile honey.