Peanut sauces are common accompaniments to Thai and Indonesian dishes.
- Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August/September August/September 1992
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon sambal (Indonesian chile paste)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Lemon juice to taste
- Coconut milk or water to thin
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
In a blender or food processor, combine first 6 ingredients until smooth. Add lemon juice to taste.
With machine running, add coconut milk or water until sauce reaches desired consistency. Garnish with scallion slices.