Grandma Barbe's Roast Pork
This delicious recipe is courtesy of Stephane Reynaud and can be found in his cookbook "Pork and Sons."
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin, cut from the tip
- 2 1/4 cups dry white wine
- 12 pearl onions, peeled
- 1 pound 2 ounces carrots, cut crosswise on the diagonal, into 1-inch pieces
- 2 1/4 pounds waxy potatoes, such as Yukon gold, halved
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped, plus 2 sprigs
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Fine sea salt
Heat olive oil in a Dutch-oven over medium heat. Add pork and cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown all over, 8 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat, cover, and cook, turning occasionally, 1 1/2 hours.
Add wine, onions, carrots, potatoes, butter, bay leaf, thyme, 2 sprigs parsley, and peppercorns; dot with butter. Cover, and let simmer until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
Season pork with salt and sprinkle potatoes with garlic and chopped parsley before serving.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, October Fall 2007