Grandma Barbe's Roast Pork
This delicious recipe is courtesy of Stephane Reynaud and can be found in his cookbook "Pork and Sons."
- Yield: Serves 6
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, October Fall 2007
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin, cut from the tip
- 2 1/4 cups dry white wine
- 12 pearl onions, peeled
- 1 pound 2 ounces carrots, cut crosswise on the diagonal, into 1-inch pieces
- 2 1/4 pounds waxy potatoes, such as Yukon gold, halved
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped, plus 2 sprigs
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Fine sea salt
Heat olive oil in a Dutch-oven over medium heat. Add pork and cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown all over, 8 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat, cover, and cook, turning occasionally, 1 1/2 hours.
Add wine, onions, carrots, potatoes, butter, bay leaf, thyme, 2 sprigs parsley, and peppercorns; dot with butter. Cover, and let simmer until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
Season pork with salt and sprinkle potatoes with garlic and chopped parsley before serving.