Summer Greens and Tomato Salad Dressing
- Yield: Makes about 3/4 cup
- 1 cup fresh lemon basil leaves, (or part lemon and part regular basil) packed
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, (optional)
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Combine basil, cheese and garlic in a food processor or blender. Process briefly, then start adding the olive oil in a steady stream, until well blended. Slowly add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, while blending.
To use in salad: toss mixed lettuces with some of the dressing and arrange on a platter or individual plates. Place ripe tomato slices on top, then spoon dressing heavily over the tomato.