Strawberry-Cream Cheese Filling
- 24 ounces (3 packages) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups strawberries (about 12 ounces), hulled
Put cream cheese, butter, and sugar into mixer bowl; mix until creamy. Mix in vanilla. Puree strawberries in a food processor; strain. Mix 3/4 cup puree into cream cheese mixture (reserve remaining puree for Swiss-Meringue Buttercream. Use immediately or refrigerate airtight up to 3 days; stir before using.
SourceMartha Stewart Kids, Spring