Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot, peeled and halved
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place garlic and shallot on a piece of parchment paper-lined foil, drizzle with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Wrap package to enclose, and roast until garlic and shallot are very soft, about 45 minutes. Set aside to cool. Remove garlic from each clove, and peel shallot.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine roasted garlic and shallot, balsamic vinegar, mustard, and lemon juice. With machine running, drizzle in oil; process until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.