Chocolate Crust Dough
This dough can also be made in a food processor: Pulse together all ingredients, except egg yolks and vanilla, until crumbly, 10 to 20 seconds. Slowly add yolks and vanilla until dough just holds together.
- Yield: Makes 1 nine-inch pie
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 1996
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
In a large bowl, sift together flour and cocoa powder. Set aside.
In a small bowl, using a fork, combine remaining ingredients; add to cocoa mixture. Rub mixture with your fingers until it holds together without large clumps of butter remaining. Turn mixture onto a clean surface, and knead until smooth, about 1 minute. Form into a disk, and wrap in plastic; chill 30 minutes.