Father's Day BBQ Sauce
- Yield: Makes about 1 quart
Source: Martha Stewart Living Television
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28-ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 canned chipotle chile, packed in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup unsulfured molasses
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, until onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes, chile, Worcestershire, vinegar, molasses, and lemon juice. Simmer over medium-low heat until reduced by a fourth, stirring occasionally, about 45 minutes.
Working in batches, purée sauce in a blender. Season with salt and black pepper. Refrigerate in a jar up to 2 weeks.