Tuna Tartar with Red Apple Vinaigrette
- Yield: Serves 2
For the Vinaigrette
- 1 green apple, chopped
- Pinch of vitamin C powder
- 1 pint fresh red currants
- 1/4 cup best-quality extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 2 to 3 drops white porcini oil
For the Tuna
- 4 ounces sushi-grade tuna, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 ounces white frisee leaves
- 1/4 ounce purple micro radish, thinly sliced
Prepare the vinaigrette; Feed apple through a juicer. Stir in vitamin C powder. Using a spatula or plastic bowl scraper, push currants through a tamis, a very fine mesh strainer. Combine currant puree and 3 tablespoons apple juice in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil until emulsified; season with salt and pepper. Whisk in porcini oil. Vinaigrette can be stored, refrigerated in an airtight container, up to 1 week.
Prepare the tuna tartare; Season tuna with salt and pepper. Divide between 2 plates. Drizzle with olive oil; lightly sprinkle vinaigrette on top. Garnish with frisee and radish. Serve immediately.