This delicious shrimp boil recipe is from Martha Stewart's "Menus for Entertaining."
- 1 can (6 ounces) Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 large onions, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 5 pounds jumbo shrimp, heads on and rinsed
Fill a 20-quart pot 3/4 full with cold water; add Old Bay, thyme, red pepper flakes, lemon, and onions. Bring water to a rapid boil over high heat.
Carefully add shrimp to pot, and return to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are opaque and tails begin to curl, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove shrimp using a slotted spoon or strainer. Serve immediately.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, May Spring 2006