Meyer Lemon-Green Olive Salsa
This recipe adapted from Suzanne Goin's "Sunday Suppers At Lucques: Seasonal Recipes from the Market to Table" (Knopf, 2005)
- Yield: Serves 6
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon champagne vinegar
- 2 Meyer lemons, ends trimmed
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3/4 cup pitted Lucques olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
In a small bowl, combine shallots, champagne vinegar, and salt; let stand 5 minutes.
On a work surface, stand lemons on cut end. Slice vertically into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Stack slices, and cut lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick matchsticks. Line up matchsticks, and cut into 1/8-inch cubes.
Add lemon to shallots; stir in honey, olives, parsley, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.