Roasted Chicken Breasts with Carrots and Onions
Peel carrots with a vegetable peeler; trim ends. Use a sharp knife to halve carrots lengthwise. Cut on the diagonal into 1/2-inch chunks.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, November 2004
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (10 to 12 ounces each)
- 1 pound carrots, peeled, halved, and cut on the diagonal into 1/2-inch chunks
- 6 garlic cloves, quartered
- 1 medium red onion, halved, cut into 1/2-inch wedges coarse salt and ground pepper
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 cup pitted prunes, quartered lengthwise
- Best Couscous, for serving, optional
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet. Arrange carrots, garlic, and onion around chicken; season chicken and vegetables generously with salt and pepper. Roast 10 minutes.
Stir prunes into vegetables. Continue roasting until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes more. Serve chicken and vegetables over couscous, if desired.