Emeril's Simple Boiled Shrimp
This recipe for boiled shrimp is courtesy of Emeril Lagasse and should be used in his Shrimp and Avocado Salad with New Orleans-Style Remoulade Sauce and Baby Greens.
- 2 lemons, halved
- 1 head garlic, unpeeled and smashed
- 1 onion, quartered and unpeeled
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 8 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 bag Zatarain's crawfish, shrimp and crab boil in bag
- 1 1/4 pounds medium peeled and deveined shrimp
Fill a large stockpot with 4 quarts water. Squeeze lemons into water, and add garlic, onion, bay leaves, 1 tablespoon Emeril's Essence, salt, cayenne, and liquid crawfish boil. Place over high heat and bring to a boil; let boil 5 minutes.
Season with remaining tablespoon Emeril's Essence and add to boiling water; turn off heat. Let stand until shrimp are just cooked through 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Drain and chill before serving.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, May Spring 2008