Coriander-Chile Pinto Bean Dip
A spicy spin on the white-bean version, this pinto bean dip is surprisingly lean for its creamy texture.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
- Yield: Serves 4 to 6
Source: Body+Soul, September Fall 2008
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling (optional)
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, plus more for garnish
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Flatbread crackers, for serving
In a food processor, combine beans, vinegar, oil, garlic, coriander, paprika, cayenne, and 2 tablespoons water.
Process until very smooth, about 1 minute, scraping down bowl as needed. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving bowl, and garnish with paprika and a drizzle of olive oil, if desired.