Tools and Materials
Secret messages template
Igage waterproof paper
Spice or coffee grinder
Small spray bottle
Plastic wrap or plastic bags
Bath oil (or any light oil), optional
Bath salt, optional
Bath Fizzies How-To
1. Use your computer to download template and print secret messages on waterproof paper. This floatable paper is ink-jet and laser-printable, it uses most inks, and inks won't run on this paper. Cut out message and roll it up.
2. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon essential oil.
3. In a spice or coffee grinder, grind 1/2 cup citric acid, 1/4 cup bath salt, and 2 drops food coloring. Grind to a fine powder, and add to the mixture in the large bowl. Begin whisking together thoroughly.
4. To mixture, add a couple of sprays of water. It should reach a crumbly consistency.
5. Fill each half of a ball mold.
6. Add message to one half of ball.
7. Using hands, pack mixture in, slightly overloading. Press mold halves together. Let sit several minutes; unmold.
8. To dry the fizzies, place them on a kitchen towel and gently wrap with towel to dry for 24 hours. Wrap or package fizzies in plastic to protect them from moisture.
Weather-proof paper from igage.com. Large, round stainless-steel bath fizzies molds from New York Cake and Baking Supply. Small, round (60 millimeter) plastic bath fizzies molds from Costal Scents. Large and small heart-shaped bath fizzies molds, citric acid, and essential oils from Majestic Mountain Sage. 2-ounce Mister Spray bottles from the Container Store.