This traditional German craft may look like a big piping bag, but it's a gift cone filled with presents and candies for any special occasion.
Tools and Materials
Valentine cone template
Valentine Gift Cones How-To
1. Download and print Valentine cone template. Use template to trace shape onto medium-weight paper. Cut out shape.
2. Apply double-sided tape along long, straight side. Starting at tip, roll cutout into a cone shape.
3. Use a bone folder to burnish inside along taped edge.
4. With crepe paper, cut out a rectangle that measures 2 inches longer than the circumference of top of cone and about 4 inches shorter than length of cone. Tack one bottom edge of short side of rectangle with double-sided tape and stick short sides together. Line inside edge of cone with double-sided tape. Press crepe paper sleeve into inside of cone.
5. Embellish by gluing lace around top of cone and Dresdens to the front. Tip: Place a thin rubber band over Dresdens to hold in place until glue dries.
6. Fill cone with small gifts.
7. Tie a ribbon around the crepe paper to close.
The medium-weight paper is from Kate's Paperie. The gold lace trim is from Tinsel Trading. Dresdens are from D. Blumchen. All other materials can be found at any major crafts store.