These candy treat cups are a wonderful way to give loved ones something sweet this Valentine's Day.
Tools and Materials
8-ounce clear Solo cup and 8-ounce cup template
12-ounce clear Solo cup and 12-ounce cup template
Dixie cup and Dixie cup template
Double-sided crepe paper
Gold ribbon or rope
Valentine Treat Cup How-To
1. Print your chosen template on card stock. Cut out with scissors.
2. Punch along dashed line edge with edge punch.
3. Cut out heart shape from center of card stock piece with a craft knife.
4. Wrap card stock around cup and secure with double-sided tape.
Tip: Gently curve card stock with your hands first to avoid the paper cracking and folding when wrapped around cup.
5. Cut a 12-by-12-inch piece of double-sided crepe paper in half. Place double-sided tape along one long edge and wrap this edge around top of cup.
6. Glue gold trim around cup where the crepe paper meets the card stock.
7. Fill cup with candy. Gather crepe paper and tie closed with gold rope. Add embellishments.
Plastic cups are available at most grocery stores. Paper, crepe paper, and stickers used for embellishment are from Martha Stewart Crafts. Gold trim is from Tinsel Trading. Metal bows used for embellishment are from Toho Shoji.