Tools and Materials
Homasote fiberboard (1/2-inch piece)
Stain, primer, or paint
Monogram Corkboard How-To
1. On your computer, download and print any font or letter you want to use for your corkboard. Enlarge to desired size. Cut out letter to use as a template.
2. Trace letter onto fiberboard. Use jigsaw to cut out shape. Sand edges to smooth.
3. Attach a sheet of cork to the front of the precut letter using a spray-mount adhesive on both the corkboard and fiberboard letter.
4. Cut out the cork into the proper shape using a utility knife.
5. Add color by using either a stain or by priming and painting the cork. Let dry.
6. Once letters are dry, add a matching twill tape to the edges using fabri-tape.
7. Attach ring hangers to the back.
Homasote fiberboard is available at most home improvement stores or at homasote.com. To make the letters, we used Ragg Mopp regular font from fontfreak.com. All other products can be found at crafts supply stores.