Tools and Materials
- Gem-Tac permanent adhesive
- Small (1/2-ounce) glue bottle with ultra-fine tip
- Printed cupcake or Francesca and Sharkey tote bag
- Glitter in a variety of colors
- Scrap paper
- Rhinestones (optional)
- Skewer and beeswax (optional)
Glittered Tote How-To
1. Fill glue bottle with Gem-Tac adhesive. Use a fine bead of glue to highlight one area of design; shake one color of glitter onto glue. Allow to dry for a minute or two, then dump excess glitter onto a piece of paper. (Create a funnel with paper to carefully pour excess glitter back into canister.)
2. Repeat to add more colors of glitter, if desired.
3. Use Gem-Tac to adhere rhinestones for detail, if desired. (On the show, Martha adds rhinestones to create necklaces on Francesca and Sharkey.) For easy handling of rhinestones, try using a skewer with a bead of beeswax molded onto one end.
Glitter, glue-applicator bottle (with ultra-fine tip), cupcake tote bags, and Francesca and Sharkey tote bags are available at MarthaStewart.com/shop. Gem-Tac is by Beacon Adhesives; flat-backed rhinestones are by Swarovski Crystallized.