Although it seems like an easy thing to do, there are definite guidelines to follow if you want your lipstick to complement your complexion and look natural. You need to start with a smooth lip surface, so you want to remove any dry skin or flakes.
Part One: Homemade Scrub
1. Make homemade scrub by combining 1 teaspoon sugar and a couple of drops of almond oil in a small bowl.
2. Gently scrub lips for 30 seconds.
3. Remove with a warm wash cloth.
Part Two: Applying Lipstick
1. Apply primer to smooth your lips.
2. Apply foundation to even out your lip color.
3. Use lip liner to define shape of lips. Tip: If you have thin lips, you can extend your natural lip line by using the same color as your natural lips.
4. Fill in lips with liner.
5. Apply lipstick. Tip: Use lip brush to apply color; this gives you a perfect shape and uses less product.
6. To allow your lipstick to stay longer, blot your lips with a tissue, then reapply the lipstick.
7. Finish with a dot of gloss in the center of your bottom lip. Purse lips to spread even thin shine on both lips.
Special thanks to Eva Scrivo for demonstrating how to apply lipstick and giving useful makeup tips. For more information on how to choose the correct lipstick color, Blueprint created this helpful chart: Picking Your Color. For more information on the Principe Lip Serum used in this segment, visit shuuemurausa.com, and to learn more about the T. LeClerc satin lipstick (shade: indecent), visit t-leclerc.co.uk. Visit maybelline.com to learn about the Maybelline New York products that were given to the audience: Moisture Extreme Lipstick in the most popular shade, "wine on ice"; a great lip liner; and Shine Seduction lip gloss.