This cozy wool blanket and pillow are perfect for a cold winter's night.
Tools and Materials
2 yards of 60-inch-wide double-faced wool (1 1/2 yards for the blanket, 1/2 yard for the pillow)
Needle and thread
18-inch pillow form
Sewing machine (for the pillow only)
Wool Blanket How-To
1. Cut the fabric so you have one large piece that is 54 inches by 60 inches. To make fringe on the edges of the blanket, cut 1-inch strips that are 1/4-inch wide, then snip ends at a 45-degree angle.
2. Download the snowflake template. Draw snowflakes on blanket (as many and wherever you want) using tailor's chalk. Using a matte knife, cut 8 slits from the inner circle's edge to the outer circle's edge; repeat for all snowflakes.
3. Flip material over. Pinch the sides of one strip of a snowflake and tack-stitch in the center using color-coordinated thread. Sew about 3 stitches on each snowflake point. Continue until you've sewn all 8 points on all snowflakes.
4. Using the corner of the blanket, gently rub away any remaining tailor's chalk.
Wool Pillow How-To
1. Cut remaining fabric into two 18-inch-by-18-inch squares. Draw a snowflake on one side of fabric using tailor's chalk.
2. Using matte knife, cut 8 slits from the inner circle's edge to the outer circle's edge. Flip material over. Pinch the sides of one strip and tack-stitch in the center using color-coordinated thread. Sew about 3 stitches on each snowflake point. Continue until you've sewn all 8 points.
3. Cover one side of the pillow with the piece of fabric with the snowflake and the other side with the other 18-inch-by-18-inch piece of wool. Using a sewing machine, stitch the pieces of fabric together, covering the pillow completely.
Find all of the materials needed for this craft at your local fabric and crafts stores.