These decorative pinatas are the perfect addition to any child's party, and are very easy to make.
Tools and Materials
Newspaper, cut into strips
Pin (to pop balloon)
Yarn (for hair)
Printed picture of someone's face
Pinata fillings (such as candy or art supplies)
Personalized Papier Mache Pinatas How-To
1. In a large bowl, add 1 part flour to 1 part water. Add salt to prevent mold. Whisk until smooth.
2. Inflate a balloon. Tape down knot with masking tape. Rest balloon on empty jar.
3. Dip strip of newspaper into mixture. Squeeze excess with fingers to minimize dripping. Lay several strips over balloon, and smooth with fingers. Repeat until balloon is covered twice. Let dry completely, then pop balloon with pin.
4. Cut the face pieces to fit onto the balloon. Apply to balloon and brush with Mod Podge.
5. Cut out trap door with utility knife. Fill pinata with various treats, such as candy or art supplies.
4. Seal hole with tape.
The chocolates used in the pinata are available at pocodolce.com; the art supplies are from EK Success. Mod Podge Matte (8 ounces) can be found at plaidonline.com.