Martha and her experts recommend the following tips to get your home entryway organized and clutter-free.
Entryway Decluttering Tips
- To begin, clear the area you wish to declutter completely, including the walls. A clean slate allows you to use the space appropriately.
- To make organizing easy for young children, you can put up shaker peg racks. Hang one rack at a lower level so children can easily hang up their own coats when they come home. You can hang keys, bags, and outdoor clothing on the pegs.
- Positioning a cubbyhole cabinet next to the door provides ample room for storage.
- The cubbyholes can also be used to store and organize numerous pairs of shoes. Remember to always stack shoes heel-to-toe to maximize the amount of space.
- If space permits, you can place an armoire next to the front door to conceal extra clothing, especially to hang jackets.
- For loose clothing, label bins so everything has a proper home.
The Leksvik Shoe Rack and Leksvik Wardrobe with two doors were used in this segment. Both are available from Ikea. For more information on Ikea and other products, visit ikea.com.