Tools and Materials
7-inch flower pot
6-inch Styrofoam ball
Styrofoam cone (18 inches tall by 6 inches wide)
18-inch-long, 3/4-inch-diameter dowel (stained)
4 to 5 bags of assorted fun-size candy bars
1 pound of twist wrapped candies
Candy Topiary How-To
1. Place Styrofoam ball inside flower pot.
2. Force dowel through Styrofoam ball inside flower pot. Poke hole into cone.
3. Add glue to dowel and affix cone to dowel.
4. Make sure glue gun is on low setting; a high setting will crinkle wrapper.
5. Begin attaching first row of candy to bottom of cone.
6. Make sure all wrappers line up and that they extend about 1/2 inch below base of cone. Hold candy in place until it is secured to cone.
7. Start second row of candy: Apply glue toward top of wrapper, making sure there is a slight overlap between first and second row of candy (like roof shingles).
8. Continue gluing candy in rows around cone all the way to the top. When cone is completely covered with candy, fill bottom of pot with wrapped candies of your choice (such as Bit O' Honey, Jolly Ranchers, Laffy Taffy, or Double Bubble Gum).
9. If giving as a gift, wrap finished topiary in cellophane and top with a ribbon.
Special thanks to Dylan Lauren of Dylan's Candy Bar.