This place card holder is easy, fun, and perfect for your Easter table. It's a Good Thing.
Tools and Materials
- Colored paper
- Scissors or craft knife
- Fringe scissors
- Permanent tape roller
- Hot-glue gun and hot-glue sticks
- Floral butterfly on wire, or other embellishments
- Hard-boiled egg
- Nontoxic pen or marker
Place Card Holder How-To
1. Cut an 8-by-1 1/2-inch strip from colored paper. Draw a pencil line down the length of the strip, 1 inch from one long side. Make a mark 4 1/2 inches from one end of the strip.
2. Cut a 1-inch fringe with fringe scissors, using the pencil line as a guide, along the entire length of the strip.
3. Using the tape roller, apply adhesive from the 4 1/2-inch mark to the end of the strip in the area that is not fringed. Coil the strip, creating a cylinder.
4. Bend and fray the ends of fringe to look like grass. Tie a ribbon around the base of the cup.
5. Use a glue gun to attach a butterfly on a wire or other embellishments (flowers, bumblebees, etc.) to the inside of the cup.
6. Write guest's name on hard-boiled egg with a pen or marker. Place egg in holder.
Fringe scissors, colored paper pad, andpermanent tape roller available from Martha Stewart Crafts. Ribbon, floral butterflies, and other embellishments available at most crafts stores.