Tools and Materials
Power drills and bits
Vegetables, for facial features
Hot glue, toothpicks, or straight pins
Pumpkin-Patch Creatures How-To
1. Hollow out pumpkin from the bottom.
2. Draw features on the pumpkin with a grease pencil.
3. Use vegetables for the pumpkin creature's facial features (such as gourds for eyes, dried cockscomb for brains, raffia for hair, and radishes for the nose).
4. Cut out the eyes, ears, mouth, and nose with various scrapers, keyhole saws, and power drills and bits.
5. Attach facial features with a hot glue gun, toothpicks, or straight pins.