Treat yourself -- or someone special -- to a beautiful bib necklace with this simple project.
Tools and Materials
Assorted glass gems
Ultrasuede or felt
Pencil or disappearing-ink marker
Ribbon in desired color
Invisible thread (optional)
1. Download and print bib necklace template. Trace and cut necklace shape from two pieces of Ultrasuede or felt.
2. Arrange gems on fabric foundation, starting at center and working out.
3. Carefully coat back of each gem with glue and adhere to fabric. Let dry.
4. Cut ribbon into two equal-length pieces, keeping in mind that these pieces will determine the length of your necklace. Glue ribbons to each end of fabric for ties. Let dry.
5. If desired, turn necklace over and use invisible thread to anchor the gems. Coat second cut piece of Ultrasuede or felt with thin layer of glue and cover back of necklace, hiding the thread.
6. Using sharp scissors, carefully cut away extra fabric.
Martha and in-house crafter Hosanna Houser used glass gems from mjtrim.com. Fabri-Tac fabric glue is available from beaconadhesives.com. Ultrasuede is available from bandjfabrics.com or ultrasuede.com.