Give basic kitchen towels a one-of-a-kind look with monogram clip art.
Tools and Materials
- Monogram template
- Iron-on transfer paper
- Scissors or craft knife
- Plain or minimally decorated tea towel
Personalized Tea Towels How-To
1. Download monogram template for chosen letter, and print onto iron-on transfer paper. Note: Letters print in reverse, which is needed for most types of iron-on transfer papers. Check the manufacturer's instructions for the specific type of transfer paper you are using. Letter may be printed as a mirror image if it needs to be right-facing.
2. Using scissors or a craft knife, cut loosely around the designs, leaving a 1/8-inch border.
3. Lay an ironed pillowcase on a table or other hard, heat-resistant surface (not an ironing board, which has too much padding).
4. Place an ironed tea towel on pillowcase. Arrange cut out designs face down on tea towel, avoiding seams. Iron letter onto tea towel. Let cool completely, and remove paper backing.
Iron-on transfer paper is available from Amazon.com and most office-supply and crafts stores.