Craft these whimsical sparkling birds for a colorful addition to any room.
Tools and Materials
Bird templates 1, 2, 3, or 4
Xyron machine (with permanent adhesive cartridge) or spray adhesive
Ballpoint glue pen
24-pack fine glitter
12-pack tinsel glitter
Base and brace template
Glittered Birds How-To
1. Print template for bird 1, 2, 3, or 4. Enlarge or reduce to desired size. Adhere template to mat board with Xyron or spray adhesive. Cut out bird shape with craft knife.
2. Using ballpoint glue pen, apply glue to parts of the bird you'd like to glitter. Sprinkle glitter and shake off excess.
3. Edge entire bird with gold-paint pen.
4. Print template for base and brace, enlarging or reducing to the same percentage as bird, if necessary. Trace base and brace that corresponds to bird from template onto mat board. (Note: For bird 1, a brace is not necessary.)
5. Glue bird onto base with craft glue. Glue brace onto back of bird.
Glitter and glue from Martha Stewart Crafts. All other tools and materials are available at crafts stores.